Haykingdom, Inc., is a hay exporting company that is urgently hiring an entry level to an experienced mechanic preferably bilingual in English and Spanish. This person must know how to weld and have the basics of mechanical skills, steel cutting, measuring devices, and general understanding of power tool use.
This person must be able to work individually or in a team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Diagnose equipment based on observational and mechanical testing as well as information provided by the customer.
• Troubleshoot problems to include brake, electrical and hydraulic systems, detect imperfections, potential problems, safety issues and/or malfunctions.
• Able to diagnose and repair hydraulics and attachment components.
• Replace broken or defective parts.
• Reassemble equipment and make all necessary adjustments for effective and safe operation.
• Responsible for the confirmation of the equipment function after repair.
• Perform safety inspection prior to being released.
• Cleaning of equipment and other areas as required.
• Ensure work area and methods used in carrying out job duties meet safety requirements.
• Maintain an organized and neat work area.
• Complete service report on each repair.
• Knowledge of tools and equipment required to conduct all repairs.
• Ability to operate diagnostic tools required.
• Reassemble machines and equipment following repair; test operation; and adjust, as necessary.
• Repair or replace defective parts, using hand tools, milling and woodworking machines, lathes, welding equipment, grinders, or saws.
• Test and replace electrical components and wiring, using test meters, soldering equipment, and hand tools.
• Drive trucks to haul tools and equipment for on-site repair of large machinery.
• Fabricate new metal parts, using drill presses, engine lathes, and other machine tools.
• Record details of repairs made, and parts used.
• Clean and lubricate parts.
• Dismantle defective machines for repair, using hand tools.
• Examine and listen to equipment, read inspection reports, and diagnose malfunctions.
• Install and repair agricultural irrigation, plumbing, and sprinkler systems.
• Maintain, repair, and overhaul farm machinery and vehicles, such as tractors, harvesters, and irrigation systems.
• Capable of working independently or within a team environment.
• Other duties may be assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move heavy weight. The employee must occasionally push and/or pull with heavy force. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust. Good judgment in determining best method and procedure to be followed.
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: mechanic: 5 years (Preferred)
Location: Winters, CA
• Diesel engines
• Mechanic experience
Pay: $14.00 and up DOE
26888 County Road 90
Winters, CA 95694
(530) 795-5888 Office
(707) 392-0520 Cell
(530) 795-0231 Fax
Job Type : Full-Time